Thursday, March 31, 2011

the stars tonight...




Two Texas jewels...bluebonnets and Kolaches.

We stop every morning at Hruska's bakery in Ellinger, Tx for a hot Kolache. If you ever pass through, you must stop for one...or two...or three...

Round Top antique week is spread along several miles of hwy 237.

Along the hwy are fields and cow pastures that are filled with great junk. Each field has its own dealers. Some have a dozen or so, some have hundreds.

I can't figure out if this is a store or a house but whatever it is, it is cute.


Two popular shopping spots are Excess and Clutter.

Tonight is the famous Junk Gypsy Prom. Cars started lining up early.




Everyone puts on their favorite vintage prom dress with cowboy boots, of course and gets ready to party underneath the Texas stars.



Those Gypsies really know how to throw a party!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see a group picture of the Alice and Jay crew in their prom dresses and cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what a kolache is, but it sure sounds good! I'm loving all that junk!
    Hope your having a great time!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Blog! LOVE IT! I just popped over from another and am enjoyin going thru yours. I'm adding myself as your newest follower. Hope you come by and see me soon. I just finished three posts on Warrenton.
    PS: We ALWAYS stop at Hruska's for kolaches, the clean bathroom and shopping. Happy Easter Ya'll!!!!

    ReplyDelete