Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the last to know


We made it back to Sasser! After we rolled out the sidewalks and said hello to all of the gnats and skeeters, we crashed. The entire trip home I was bothered by the fact that I seemed to be the only one who didn't know of the Saturday Rapture. Now, I am a self professed Pippi Longstocking, Amelia Bedelia, Lucy Ricardo,blonde haired girl from a farm in South Georgia; but how in the Sam Hill am I the only one who didn't know of the upcoming(now defunct)Rapture! Perplexing over this for 16 hours left me ....well, it just left me. Until I saw these pictures from Luckett's. Look at that finger! I didn't even know that I had anything left on my body that I could get so straight. And even worse than the finger is the way all of that force has caused my sweater to politely ride up my innertube.

Next, as I am beating myself up for being the tyrant who is oblivious to the world around her because she is so busy being the queen bee, I come across this picture. This is the other side of me. Humming quietly as I fluff the redbug infested moss. 1000 things to unload and put out but I choose to fluff the moss! I sure wasn't worried about the upcoming Rapture! I am kinda glad that we are done with shows until the fall Marburger. I am going to loose that spare tire, get false fingernails and paint them pink so they will at least look good when I point like that, and remember to watch the news for upcoming important events.
Life is too important to be take seriously! Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Well I am glad it did not happen before I discovered your blog!
    And the music playing (Don't worry..) is perfect for this post.

    p.s. - an encore performance is predicted for October

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I am cracking up! Sometimes it's better not to know about bad things, or in this case crazy things! See you at Marburger!
    Tot

    ReplyDelete