Sunday, June 19, 2011

have you guessed?


Vacation day 2. Has anyone guessed where we are yet? Here are a few more hints

We saw The Lion King today,

toured the set of Saturday Night Live, found the Empire State building and the Flat Iron building,

and spent hours in Eataly! I love food and I have a strange obsession with grocery stores. One of my favorite things to do while I travel is find a grocery store and dream of all the exotic things that I could cook if I were an Iron Chef. I don't cook food very well but I blame that on my bathtub sized kitchen. Anyway, Eataly is fabulously fun and full of Italian delights. Mushrooms of all varieties, cheese, cheese, and more cheese.
Italian desserts galore! We were on our way to our throwdown with Bobby Flay at his Mesa Grill restaurant when we first stopped in Eataly so we didn't partake.
Dinner was wonderful but Terry was a little disappointed that Bobby wasn't in. He had planned to challenge him to a succotash throwdown. Maybe next time.

After dinner, we decided to go back to Eataly and have an Italian hot chocolate(SO thick and yummy!) and Lindsey Loo had a nice glass of prosecco.


Tomorrow is tea at The Plaza. PS Thanks to everyone for putting up with our vacation nonsense, my parents are my number 1 fans and they love for me to blog while we are away! See you tomorrow night.

1 comment: