Thursday, January 20, 2011

be different

It is a lovely morning in our little town. The sun is shining and it is pleasantly cool, not freezing.
Today, after hot cocoa and cupcakes, I think we should all do something out of the ordinary . One day, many years ago, my oldest daughter decided to wear her pants inside out to school . Understand, she attended a very conservative school where folks just didn't do things like that. At first, I thought about asking her to reconsider, but then I decided that it took a lot of courage to be that different and I really admired her for her creativity. Years passed and we have seen pink, purple, and blue hair, robes tied around her waist as a skirt, and headbands worn every way BUT the way they were made to be worn. She is still a little different and I am ever so thankful. Her tiny little gesture of originality has turned into a river of uniqueness that I celebrate.

Now I am not suggesting that we all wear our clothes inside out, but I am hoping that we can all be a little more comfortable with who we really are and celebrate the uniqueness that we embody. I happen to love pink flamingos(yes! the tacky ones) I fill my life with them. They make ME happy and I find that when I am happiest, I am able to pass that happiness onto others. That is what we hope to do at Alice and Jay-Open your eyes to a new way of seeing, Open your mind to a new way of thinking, and open your soul to the infinite colors of the imagination. Be different-it is a whole lot more FUN!

1 comment:

  1. and that is why I love you and both of your wonderful girls so much!!! I'm so grateful to have someone in my life that always reminds me to march my very own special beat with my head held high...
    I knew you would love my pink leopard lady! please use her!
    xo...
    ki

    ReplyDelete