Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Amish auction, Pearls and Pops



This has been one of my most frustrating posts! I couldn't get my pictures to load, they would suddenly disappear....ugh! Anyway, check out my superstar Daddy on the new Magnolia Pearl blog. She is the kindest spirit I have ever met and she always is sure to come around and "love" on my Dad while we are out in Texas at Marburger. As my "one fine dog" would say, "you da best, Pearl! Sidenote-since my children have gone off to college, it is amazing how much my one fine dog named Duncan, talks. I have always loved animals and dogs but I seem to have taken this to a new level. Will I end up as one of those elderly ladies at the flea market that strolls their dog around in a stroller???
Back to junkin'. We spent the day at the Amish auction today and finished loading our trailer. There were lots(really just one) of things that we wanted but sadly, didn't get. It is always difficult to get everything you want at an auction but this one is particularly hard. There are 9 auctioneers auctioning simultaneously. You have to run from spot to spot and try to catch what you were looking for. It is loads of fun but quite hectic. I did get....a large lot of vintage rosaries...


a galvanized tub full of fun...

4 awesome Amish buggy wheels(these may be my favorite)...

several industrial work tables, some cute pieces of furniture, a great red trunk...

vintage red outdoor chairs, and lots more. The one thing we really wanted but didn't get... an antique wooden boat from the 1920's. It was incredible but a little too big for our trailer. Maybe next time. We are on our way back home and have a couple more stops before we have to unload and get the store ready for Saturday. As it gets close to 1 am on the road, all I have to say is, "Hampton Inn, I LOVE you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment