Thursday, June 17, 2010

packing it in

Now you would think that we would be masters of packing with all the pack-unpack that we do here at Alice and Jay. Jay loves to claim that he can't pack so I need to do the packing. Typical man! As we were driving home from our last road trip we passed these packing masters along the interstate. I will often turn a chair upside down to fit it in another chair but this is the first time I have ever seen it done with trucks!! Hats off to these guys.
We will be heading to a huge(funny how these auctions are like the fireworks stores along the interstate; world's largest, largest store south of the Mason-Dixon, and just probably the most humongous store on the planet!) and I mean HUGE auction tomorrow. We are hoping to come back with the most incredible trailer load EVER. I'll let you know how it goes.
Update on Oscar. Oscar is my baby red bird that hatched in my store garden. He didn't have a tail and I was concerned. Good news! Neiman-Marcus must have put tails on the half price rack because he is back in my garden and he has the prettiest tail and a head full of feathers. My friend, Geri, has a cardinal that has a bald head. I am going to tell Oscar to let him in on the feather sale.
Stay cool and be sure to go out in your yard right after dark. The fireflies are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment