Thursday, September 1, 2011

it's a sign!

Have you ever been in the middle of a mess? I am in the middle of TOO many messes. I am certain that I lost too many brain cells during the last 6 months of anemia and THAT is why I decided to complete our renovations on the old bank building, schedule a surgery that would put me out for 6 weeks, and host an open house ALL at the same time that I need to be getting ready for Marburger. I feel like Charlie Brown, UGH!
We are slowly making progress and things are beginning to shape up. Our excitement for this week was our new sign!
Pardon the untidy sidewalk and consider that there is still lots to be done, but all in all, I think it is looking pretty sweet. This is what we call the "end building". Hmmm...I just realized that our creativity is not spent on naming things... the end building, the garden area, the MAIN building, the old bank building,...and even our name...ALice and Jay. At least I didn't name Harvey and Stella(our store kittens) cat #1 and cat #2! Tomorrow we will get the rest of our new windows and next week the concrete gets an acid wash. WOo HoO!

3 comments:

  1. I think that sign is gorgeous and the front of your store too! Can't wait to see the bank building finished!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new sign! And just heard today that you had surgery...I hope you are feeling better and that you are back in working gypsy order very very soon!
    We love you!
    Ki and P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign looks great! Love the colors you used for the front of the store, looks fresh and new!
    tot

    ReplyDelete