Monday, October 4, 2010

home sweet home

The sunrise yesterday found us on our, 6 state in one day ,trek back home. We had a wonderful time and met so many wonderful(and only ONE not so wonderful) people. I have so much to write about but my age is catching up with me today and as surely as the sun will rise again tomorrow, I will write and share pictures of our adventures beginning tomorrow.
As for today, I want to write about the blessings that made the trip with us. First, my parents! Thanks to you for your never ending support, your tall tales that make life a little more fun, your okra(more later to explain!), your ability to go with our flow(and we flow the wrong way most of the time), and your enthusiasm for living this life to the fullest. Without you, none of this would be possible and we love you beyond words. Looking forward to the Spring!!
"A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though she knows you are slightly cracked" B.M. Nell, What an honor it has been to have you walk into our hearts. Thank you for making the journey with us. You made our trip so much more fun. Your laughter is contagious and your encouragement is a treasure. We hope that this will be the first of many adventures that we share with you.
"I believe in angels, the kind Heaven sends. I am surrounded by angels, but I call them friends." Shonya, You jumped on our gypsy wagon from Georgia and headed West with us without knowing the road that was ahead! We loved your spunk from the moment we met you but it is your kindness and faith that has left us feeling so blessed. What a beautiful person you are, inside and out! Isn't it wonderful when God takes us out of our own house to introduce us to a neighbor that we otherwise may not have met. Thank you for putting up with our nonsense and we look forward to doing more of these Georgia Gypsy Jaunts together!

Who knows...we may just end up with our own pink gypsy wagon! picture of Jay in front of Large Marge and the Junk Gypsy tent in Warrenton.

5 comments:

  1. yay! you're back! I missed you so much while you were away having your wonderful gypsy adventures! I can't wait to hear your stories and see all of the goodies you found along the way. I hope you took at least one joy ride in large marge!
    love you!
    ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home my sweet friend!!! I have missed your blog posts -- these happy happy happy blog posts that help me feel soooooo connected to you! Let's see one another soon sweet girl! How about I treat you to dinner sooner rather than later? Maybe at the Hong Kong Cafe or wherever else you would like to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are back home! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I know you enjoy spending time with your parents. I hope Spence behaved himself and didn't flirt too much!!!
    I may just have to take a trip west with you one of this times. I think I'm missing out on loads of fun (and I could use some fun in my life right now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen, you are missing the fun! A trip with Alice and Jay is awsome - they can go into a junk store and find a pearl, or they can go into a convenience store and find a pack of candy cigarettes that bring back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have been blessed in meeting the two of you and spending those seven days on the road with you! God's timing is always perfect, and I thank him for our roads merging. Here's to following your nudges and listening to his still, small voice. Blessings your way!!

    ReplyDelete